- Overview of the underlying theory and concepts of sensory integration and self-regulation.
- Unique methods to teach other adults (teachers, parents, etc.) about the Alert Program® and the importance of self-regulation.
- Twelve detailed steps to teach independent self-regulation.
- Lots of low-budget activity ideas.
- Personal stories that clearly illustrate the program.
- All worksheets, charts, and pictures needed for the program (permission to copy Appendix pages is included).
The Leader’s Guide is intended for individuals who are familiar with sensory processing techniques. Those who are unfamiliar with this theory can implement the program with consultation from an occupational therapist trained in sensory processing. We recommend those not familiar with self-regulation concepts to begin by reading the Introductory Booklet and Take Five! book. Or take the Alert Program® Online Course (the Leader’s Guide is included in the price of the course).