Who is the CEU Test designed for?
This Overview of the Alert Program® Webinar and CEU Test are intended for anyone new to the Alert Program® (parents or family members as well as a variety of professionals including OTs, PTs, SLPs, teachers, and counselors).
Continuing Education Objectives:
Learners will be able to:
1) Define self-regulation and its relationship to attention and learning.
2) Identify appropriate “heavy work” and sensorimotor activities for home, school, and therapy settings.
3) Name the five sensorimotor ways to change how alert one feels to obtain an optimal level of functioning.
According to AOTA’s Content Focus*, this course meets the criteria for:
- Category 1: Domain of OT, Performance Skills, and Performance Patterns
- Category 2: Occupational Therapy Process, Intervention
*TherapyWorks, Inc. is an AOTA Approved Provider. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
How does this self-study CEU Test work?
1. After you’ve viewed the Overview of the Alert Program® Webinar and completed the final exam, simply email, fax, or snail mail your registration and answer sheets back to us at:
PO Box 95316
Albuquerque, NM 87199
Toll free – 877-897-3478
Fax – 505-899-4071
2. A score of 70% or better on this multiple-choice test will be required to receive a Certificate of Completion. Successful completion is a minimum of 4 of 5 correct answers on the written test. You can repeat the test until you are successful (no additional charge).
3. You will be notified of your test results by email and issued either a Certificate of Completion for 1.0 contact hour (0.1 AOTA CEU or 1.25 NBCOT PDUs) or an invitation to re-take the test again at no extra charge to you. Once TherapyWorks, Inc. receives your test, we will email you within two weeks.
Note: TherapyWorks, Inc. cannot be responsible for the effects of individual email security settings and spam filters. We recommend that you add the following email address manager@AlertProgram.com to your address book to help allow your receipt of any communications about your written CEU Test.
This 5 item multiple-choice test will confirm the knowledge that you’ve gained by listening to the Overview of the Alert Program® Webinar.
About the Authors:
Mary Sue Williams, OTR/L and Sherry Shellenberger, OTR/L, have lectured extensively across the country and internationally since 1991. As co-owners of TherapyWorks, Inc., they have published numerous books, CDs, and games related to the Alert Program®. Mary Sue and Sherry continue to develop practical ways to teach people of all ages how to incorporate sensory integration and sensory processing theory into everyday living. In 2003, they were honored to receive the American Occupational Therapy Association’s Recognition of Achievement Award for “Excellence in Intervention Development and Dissemination” for outstanding contributions to our field.
This written CEU Test is non-refundable.